Sunday, 25 January 2015

Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette

Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette

Yesterday I told you I had a difficult choice to make for 1 cuisine and make 3 dishes.  And I had to go back to the old childhood way of choosing my cuisine… do inni mine mini mo!!
Yesterday I  listed out one yummy Thai Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce this I served with this delicious salad.

The girls made the salad and the vinaigrette was very sour so I used sugar  but still we could not finish all the vinaigrette and since we were supposed to go out of station I discarded the balance with a very heavy heart.

Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette

Recipe Source: Here

Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients:
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
  • 3 cups cabbage, shredded 
  • 2 cups carrots, shredded
  • ½ cup green onion, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  •  Salt
  • 1 tsp kali mirch /pepper
Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
  • 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp fresh lime juice (to taste)
  • 3 tblspn chilli -garlic sauce
  • 1 ½   tsp honey
  • 1 tsp ginger minced 
  • 1 tsp garlic minced 
  • 1 tblspn basil, chopped
  • 1 tblspn mint leaves, chopped
  • 1 tblspn dhania/ coriander leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp kali mirch/ pepper corns powdered  
  • 1 1/2 tsps til/ sesame seeds, toasted
  • 1/2 tsp ground dhania/ coriander powder
  • Salt
  • 1 tblspn sesame oil (I did not use)
  • 1/2 cup peanut oil (I used rice bran oil)

Method:
  • Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette except oils in a large bowl.
  • Slowly drizzle the oil while whisking.
  • Adjust seasoning with more salt and lime juice if needed (I needed sugar).
  • Now toss the vegetables in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper.
  • Pour in the Thai vinaigrette to taste and toss to mix.
  • Serve chilled.
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
Asian Slaw with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#48



Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Crunchy and good balance of flavours although I would tone down the vinegar at my end ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crunchy munchy slaw, love that thai style vinaigrette, will give a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum.. Thanks for Thai Vinaigrette recipe.. My kind of salad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vinaigrette recipe and the salad should have been so crunchy with all those beautiful veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice salad recipe,will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will this salad..looks delicious and just my kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a ffresh and delightful salad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure this salad tasted great...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vinaigrette sounds very kicky and the ingredients are so simple!!! Superb clicks archana, and very nicely presented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a crunchy and healthy salad...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow cute clicks,salad looks so fresh and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the crunchy cold salad types. This is so easy and very well made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a colorful and refreshing salad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting thai vinaigrette.....will go with any type of salad. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright