Monday, 5 January 2015

Pesto Rosso for Pasta

Pesto Rosso for Pasta
Pesto Rosso for Pasta

The month of December dawns with a lot of noise in my house. 

Why? 
Because the younger one celebrates her birthday and she starts goading me in action from the 15th November. So generally even with my haphazard planning we have something organised for the great day. 

It’s hard to believe that 13 years ago we had a baby that fitted in the crook of my hand. The rate at which she is stretching upwards one day I will be in the crook of her arm and let me tell you I am tall.

So anyway the big day this year was a Saturday and I was not too well. I just made two sauces and boiled the pasta. I was skeptical about how it will taste but when my guests kept on returning for more of this sauce I knew I had hit a goldmine. This one is permanent feature in my home from now on and the best part is it can be used as a spread and dip also.

Pesto Rosso 

Pesto Rosso for Pasta
Recipe Source: Share my kitchen
Yield: about 3 cups
Ingredients:

  • 2 tomatoes, peeled and deseeded
  • 2 tomatoes, sundried
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • ½ cup almonds, blanched and peeled
  • 1/3 cup olives
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • 6-8 basil leaves
  • 2 Kashmiri chillies
  • Salt

Method:

  • In the mixer/blender drop the almonds use the pulse button twice.
  • Then add all the ingredients in the mixer/blender and blend to get a paste.
  • Serve on hot pasta like penne, tagliatelle, rigatoni.
Pasta and Sauces to with them



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#48



Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your series. You have presented very different sauces. Nice to know they were a hit with the guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesto rosso looks fabulous, i would love to give a try this pesto very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your 13 year old:))..the sauces look great..I love the basil one..the flavours sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now thia one is my all time fav. drooling here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting pesto Rossi , enjoyed your series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all ur sauces. I have tried pesto only with pine nuts. Should give it a try with other nuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pesto rosso looking yummy. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very delicious pesto sauce...Love all the ingredients in them

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the name of the sauce....Such a flavorful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Belated birthday wishes to your daughter. Kids do grow soooooo fast.
    That pesto sauce with tomatoes looks delicious. I'm sure my folks will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed all your sauces Archana, so nice to know your sauces were a hit and my belated wishes to your daughter!..didn't realize she is same age as mine..

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright