Like I said I goofed up big time when I forgot what my “Say Cheese” theme was. So here I am the day the post has to go up trying to meet the deadline. Struggling to make my stuff, write, click and all the background stuff we bloggers do.
So today I am making Cheese Straws! Since I had absolutely no planning I had no maida except 25 grms forget the self rising flour. No Cheddar other than the 50 grams the girls had forgotten about thank goodness Apeksha has not bothered to taste Gouda!
Next time I plan to make more, for these are hardly anything.The girls know I am worked up so they have not come to check out the end product. They will wait, as one of them has said,” Let the camera eat first!”
- 25 grams maida
- 25 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25 grams butter, softened
- 50 grams cheddar
- 50 grams Gouda cheese
- Pinch of red chilli powder/cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- With a whisk mix the flours. I also added the salt, pepper and chilli powder.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture till it resembles a bread-crumb type mixture.
- Add in the finely-grated cheese.
- Add a tablespoon of water until it comes together as a dough. (I forgot about it so had to knead a lot still my dough was not as smooth as I would have liked it to be).
- I rolled out on a baking tray to about 5mm thick circle.
- Cut into thin strips.
- Bake for 10 minutes or till golden in colour.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!