|Lemony Mushroom Pulao|
Then try this delicious rice that can be made in flat 40 minutes, if you have the ingredients at home.
I love those 1 pot meals especially if it is rice based.
But how did I stumble on this rice? I buy Good Food magazine on a regular basis and they generally adorn my bookshelf. The other day as I was racking my brains for bachelor meals I got out all the books and my elder kid flipped through the magazine and asked me to make this rice not only that she typed out the recipe for me and chopped the mushrooms out :D.
The rest is as they say history.
Lemony Mushroom Pulao
Recipe Source: Good Food
Time: 40 minutes
- 150 ml or ¾ cup Vegetable stock + 25ml or 1 tblspn if required
- ½ Onion, sliced
- 75 g or a little over ¼ cup Button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 grams or ¼ cup Basmati
- ½ Lemon zested and juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper a pinch
- Spring onion greens, chopped
- Light soft cheese with garlic (I forgot I had made ricotta specifically for this recipe)
- 1 ½ tbsp herbs
- Put 1 tbsp of the stock in a non stick pan add and cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft. You may need to add a splash more stock if it begins to dry out but the secret is cook under a lid.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the rice, lemon zest to the pan, mixing well. (The original recipe said to add the lemon juice here you can add too but since boiling kills the Vit. C I prefer to add it in the end.)
- Pour in the remaining stock, season and then bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Stir through half of the spring onion greens, lemon juice and soft cheese.
- Then serve topped with the remaining spring onion greens and soft cheese.
Per serving: 249 kcals, protein 12 g, carbs 44g, fat 4g, sat fat 2g, fibre 2g, salt 0.62gBlogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#49
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!