The tub costs bomb when it is available. So I had bookmarked this recipe from Pradnya’s place ages ago.
Only when Valli announced the theme as “Say Cheese” that I made this that too last minute. Even as I am typing this post out I am hoping I make what I plan next with it.
Recipe Source:Celebrating Food
- 700 grms Amul cream
- 1 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider)
- Boil the cream in a large pot on using a double boiler.
- Let it heat till it is just under boiling, slightly bubbling.
- Add 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- Keep stirring for another 5-7 min.
- The cream will not coagulate but sort of thicken (or may coagulate little).
- Keep stirring until it starts coating the back of the spoon, about another minute or so.
- Strain this liquid, in a large muslin cloth with a huge basin under the strainer.
- Tie it from all sides.
- Leave it overnight in refrigerator.
- About a cup of water or more will be accumulated
- If the texture appears grainy, then beat using an electric beater.
- Your mascarpone is ready.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!