Friday, 13 February 2015

Mascarpone Cheese-DIY

Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
Mascarpone Cheese

Mascarpone Cheese!!

The tub costs bomb when it is available. So I had bookmarked this recipe from Pradnya’s place ages ago.

Only when Valli announced the theme as “Say Cheese” that I made this that too last minute. Even as I am typing this post out I am hoping I make what I plan next with it.

Mascarpone Cheese

Recipe Source:Celebrating Food
Ingredients:
  • 700 grms Amul cream
  • 1 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider)

Method:
  • Boil the cream in a large pot on using a double boiler. 
  • Let it heat till it is just under boiling, slightly bubbling.
  • Add 1 tsp of white vinegar.
  •  Keep stirring for another 5-7 min.
  • The cream will not coagulate but sort of thicken (or may coagulate little).
  •  Keep stirring until it starts coating the back of the spoon, about another minute or so.
  •  Strain this liquid, in a large muslin cloth with a huge basin under the strainer.
  • Tie it from all sides.
  • Leave it overnight in refrigerator.
  • About a cup of water or more will be accumulated
  • If the texture appears grainy, then beat using an electric beater.
  • Your mascarpone is ready.





Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. tiramisu on the way,I guess..mascarpone cheese looks yumm,I too had made it at home as the store brought is not economical too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for articles on best milk in India and I came across yours inspiring read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright