Making a salad is a simple job but lazy me hardly makes salads.
Salads are appreciated at my place so I should make them.
For the most noisy birthday, yes it’s my younger ones birthday I am talking about, noisy because she keeps on going on and on that it’s her birthday and she wants this and that. Keeps on changing her mind about this that becomes that in an instant, and makes me mad!
Anyway we made this pasta and thinking not all my friends like pasta and the sauces that go with it I made this salad.
To say that the Pesto Rosso and this salad was a hit will not be an understatement. The least expected dishes became the empty ones much to my embarrassment.
Recipe Source: Foodnetwork
- 4 cups shell shaped pasta
- ½ cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup carrots, juliennes
- ¼ cup mushroom, sliced fine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tblspn garlic, chopped
- 1 tblspn parsley
- 1 lime Juice
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup processed cheese, shredded
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tblspn spring onion greens, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the mushrooms and the cauliflower cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, half of the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Reserve about 3-4 tblspn aside.
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl pasta with the rest of the dressing.
- Drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle with the spring onion.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad and dressing separately up to 6 hours.
- Before serving serve slightly chilled.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/7-layer-pasta-salad-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!