As my neck is playing up I am keeping my intros short!! After March you will dear reader get a full dose of my jabber!!
Starters that we love are French fries but I prefer country wedges that I had once in some restaurant.
Here I tried to replicate the flavours I remembered. Of course I could not get rid of my Indian tastes out and used chilli powder.
Recipe Adapted from here
- 4 potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes in half length ways, then cut each half into 1.5cm-thick wedges and place in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper and the spices and use clean hands to toss the potatoes until they are well coated with the oil.
- Let it sit and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer over the greased tray and drizzle with any oil remaining in the bowl.
- Preheat oven 220°C.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200°C and bake turn the potatoes every 10 minutes you need to bake for furrther 30-35 minutes or until tender and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#50
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!