Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Country Wedges

Country Wedges
Country Wedges

As my neck is playing up I am keeping my intros short!! After March you will dear reader get a full dose of my jabber!!

Starters that we love are French fries but I prefer country wedges that I had once in some restaurant.

Here I tried to replicate the flavours I remembered. Of course I could not get rid of my Indian tastes out and used chilli powder.

Country Wedges

Recipe Adapted  from here
Ingredients:
  • 4 potatoes, washed
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ tsp oregano
  • ½ tsp rosemary
  • ½ tsp sage
  • 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
  • Salt
  •  Freshly ground black pepper
Country Wedges
Country Wedges

Method: 
  • Cut the potatoes in half length ways, then cut each half into 1.5cm-thick wedges and place in a large bowl.
  • Add the oil, salt and pepper and the spices and use clean hands to toss the potatoes until they are well coated with the oil.
  • Let it sit and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
  • Grease a baking tray.
  • Spread the potatoes in a single layer over the greased tray and drizzle with any oil remaining in the bowl.
  • Preheat oven 220°C.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
  • Reduce oven temperature to 200°C and bake turn the potatoes every 10 minutes you need to bake for furrther 30-35 minutes or until tender and crisp.
  • Serve immediately.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#50



Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I can have this wedges rite now eventhough its only 7am for me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love to have the entire plate... looks tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary and Potato.. what a combo right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some tempting wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy potato wedges..looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like wedges in our house too! I like to coat them in oil then add a Cajun-style spice mix, or a hot chilli one. I add a little flour/ ground rice to get them really crispy. thanks for this yummy post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would surely love this Arch..can have it anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sage and Rosemary together is interesting. The baked wedges look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potatoes are a favourite so fries or wedges both are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids will love this for sure!And hope you are feeling better now.Take care Archana....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these thick cut countries fries.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright