You are alone when you baked this cake. It was done it was cooling on the dining table.
The main door opens and all the noise that accompanies the girls follows with silence, deadly silence, scary silence!
They walk in the kitchen and say,” Mamma the cake looks amazing!” Pleased I walk out to see the apple slices have disappeared! They have been peeled off the cake. Explains the silence!
So I “#FireUpYourOven“to bake it again this time I took pictures first before I let them alone with the cake.
Apple Upside Down Cake
For the fruit layer:
For the fruit layer:
- 2 tblspn butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 apples, sliced thin
For the Cake:
- 3 tblsps milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sifted cake flour**(see below)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 13 tblspn unsalted butter, softened [184 grms]
- Grease the cake mould with butter.
- Sprinkle the sugar. Arrange the apple slices. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/350⁰ F.
- Lightly whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, until blended.
- Add the butter and half the egg mixture, and mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On medium speed, beat for one minute. This will aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining egg mixture in two batches, beating for 20 seconds between each addition. Scrape down sides.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes (35-45 minutes if baking in a fluted tube pan), until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on a rack in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a greased wire rack.
- If using a loaf pan, flip the cake over so the top is up.
**For making Cake flour at home - Take one cup of all purpose flour and remove 2 tbsp from it. Replace the 2 tbsp flour with corn flour and sift together 2-3 times. Cake flour is ready to use.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!