Then you will love this cheesy bake, rather your kids will love it. I was wondering what will happen to my waist if I indulge in so much cheese every other day.
Anyway it is the perfect side to meat preparations as well. If you’re short on time, you can prepare a day ahead and leave the baking for later.
Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs
Recipe Source: Good Food Magazine
- 200 grams cauliflower
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tblspn butter
- 1 fresh folded to break the spines bay leaves
- 1 tblspn corn flour
- 40 grams cheddar, grated
- A handful, torn into chucky bits of bread
- 1 tbsp walnuts chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch pepper
- Separate the cauliflower to even sized florets.
- Bring a large pan of salt water to boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 8 minutes or just until tender and allow to steam and dry.
- Air dry the cauliflower on paper napkins, to remove as much water from the cervices as you can. (I did the boiling and drying in the night before I made this).
- Arrange the cauliflower in a large casserole dish.
- To make the sauce, pour the milk into a pan along with the butter, bay leaves and corn flour, and heat gently, stirring at all times until it thickens in to a smooth creamy dish.
- Remove the bay leaves, add 25 grams of cheese and season to taste.
- Pour over the cauliflower and scatter with the remaining cheese. Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Scatter the bread and walnuts over the cauliflower and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- In case you are preparing ahead then pour the sauce and refrigerate, when you needed scatter the bread and walnuts over the cauliflower and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Do check my other friends at “#FireUpYourOven“! Come back tomorrow for a new bake…Day 13
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!