Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs



Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs
Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs
“Not cauliflower again!!”

Familiar words?

Then you will love this cheesy bake, rather your kids will love it. I was wondering what will happen to my waist if I indulge in so much cheese every other day.

Anyway it is the perfect side to meat preparations as well. If you’re short on time, you can prepare a day ahead and leave the baking for later.

Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs

Recipe Source: Good Food Magazine
Serves 1
Ingredients:
  • 200 grams cauliflower
  • 125 ml milk
  • 1 tblspn butter
  • 1 fresh folded to break the spines bay leaves
  • 1 tblspn corn flour
  • 40 grams   cheddar, grated
  • A handful, torn into chucky bits of bread
  • 1 tbsp walnuts chopped
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • A pinch pepper
Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs
Cauliflower Cheese with Walnuts and Bread Crumbs

Method:

  • Separate the cauliflower to even sized florets.
  • Bring a large pan of salt water to boil.
  • Add the cauliflower and boil for 8 minutes or just until tender and allow to steam and dry.
  • Air dry the cauliflower on paper napkins, to remove as much water from the cervices as you can. (I did the boiling and drying in the night before I made this).
  • Arrange the cauliflower in a large casserole dish.
  • To make the sauce, pour the milk into a pan along with the butter, bay leaves and corn flour, and heat gently, stirring at all times until it thickens in to a smooth creamy dish.
  • Remove the bay leaves, add 25 grams of cheese and season to taste.
  • Pour over the cauliflower and scatter with the remaining cheese.  Preheat oven to 220°C.
  • Scatter the bread and walnuts over the cauliflower and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
  • In case you are preparing ahead then pour the sauce and refrigerate, when you needed scatter the bread and walnuts over the cauliflower and bake for 25 minutes until golden.

Do check my other friends at “#FireUpYourOven“! Come back tomorrow for a new bake…
Day 13






Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Indeed a nice side dish. I would love to bake this but have to do it sometime when I am the only one eating. Husband likes cauliflower only in Indian gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bakes with veggies!!! this looks yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very tempting and unique as well dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe sounds very delicious Archana. Cauliflower and cheese is a wonderful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delicious one to indulge Arch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice cheesy casserole with cauliflower

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting combination of flavors great

    ReplyDelete
  8. The addition of nuts maked this cauliflower bake more interesting, a complete meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cheesy dish looks so inviting Archana...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a nice bake Archana!I love cauliflower and I am bookmarking this....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an interesting bake..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one delicious bake with cauliflower and cheese. Sounds absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a delicious bake, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can enjoy this with out those nuts perfect dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tempting bake with cauliflower and nuts!!! something similar to what i did with pot pies, i m loving these cheesy vegetable bakes after that!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cheesy and nutty! Lovely dish Archana :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cheesy cauliflower looks totally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright