“Mamma I have a suggestion for your next baking project.”
This sentence is enough to scare me!
I go off baking!
But it was Christmas time!! The request was for Gingerbread Cookies.
Thought I was not sure if they will like the cookies accepted and said “#FireUpYourOven".
I was quite surprised they liked it but then the hint of ginger in these cookies was tantalizing not overpowering as I assumed.
I choose to make them molasses free as I do not have access to molasses. I assume with molasses will taste just as awesome.
Recipe Source: Here
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cup Maida/APF
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp clove
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Cream together softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar till it becomes pale.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl blend the dry ingredients.
- Blend in the butter mixture until well mixed and your dough form a ball.
- Flatten the dough and wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least ½ an hour.
- Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180C/ 350°F.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface till about 1/8 inch thick, cut in shapes (I did not).
- Transfer on a lightly greased mould keeping space in between the cookies as they will spread.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool you can frost them or eat them plain. In my house we had them plain.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!