Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze

Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze

For my younger ones birthday I wanted to order a cake for her.


Hubby and she were adamant that I should make the cake not order it.


That is when I, #FireUpYourOven"  (d)  to bake 3 cakes.

One was a Date and Walnut Cake,  A Pound Cake that I covered with ganache the third one was this delicious cake that was appreciated a lot.

In fact one of my friend's daughter asked me for a full cake for her.

Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze

Recipe Source: Joy of Baking
Ingredients:
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze

  • 2 cups Maida/APF
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 12 tblspn butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tblspn cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tblspn hot water
  • 2 tblspn coffee dissolved in 1  tblspn hot water
Glaze:

  • 1 ½ tblspn coffee dissolved in 2-3 tblspn water
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
Method:

  • Grease an 8 inch bunt pan.
  • Preheat oven to 350F/180⁰C.
  • Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt.
  • Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
  • Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
  • Add vanilla essence.
  • Add the flour alternating with sour cream the last addition should be flour.
  • Divide the flour in 3 parts.
  • In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
  •  in the second add the coffee and mix well.
  • The third will remain as vanilla.
  • In the bunt pan add a scoop of coffee, add vanilla, the add chocolate next to one another.
  • Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
  • Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
  • Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and transfer to a serving tray.
  • Pour the glaze over the cake and let the cake cool completely before serving.
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze

Day 25


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. that looks heavenly.. very nicely made Archana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks so good and I am not surprised your daughter's friend wanted it all for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee lovers delight. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow three cakes in one go! The mocha flavor is really a delicious one .. Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me being a coffee person can grab it right away.. expresso and mocha OMG you are tempting me now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that cake looks stunning..no wonder it was such a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking cake. Though I am not a coffee fan, I am sure coffee lovers will appreciate the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moka cake with xpresso frosting, watelse a coffee lover asks for, just prefect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be one decadent one. No wonder your friend's daughter asked for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake sounds absolutely amazing. Love the espresso glaze on top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cake looks gorgeous,absolutely delicious and moist..great treat for coffee lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is something that coffee lovers would die for! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright