Monday, 20 April 2015

Plum and Apple Cobbler

Plum and Apple Cobbler
Plum and Apple Cobbler

I wanted to make a cobbler for ages. 

But I just could not get the required ingredients the plums were not good enough or the peaches just disappeared in a blink of my eyes. 

 Just as a last try I googled and found this yummy plum and apple cobbler here.

The recipe needed Bramley apples which are cooking apples…hmmm a quick query to Mir,  who is a Chef  by profession and a good friend solved my problem.

Now I do not have self- rising flour at home so I mixed cup maida with 1½ tsp baking powder and skipped adding the ½ tsp salt as I was using salted butter. By the way I forgot to peel the apples but that has not bothered anyone and the cobbler has just disappeared. The girls started on it when it was still warm and out of the oven!!

A good enough reason to #FireUpYourOven"

Plum and Apple Cobbler

Serves: 4-6      
Preparation time:  15 minutes
Cooking time:  50 minutes
Temperature: 180°C/350 F
Recipe Source: Here 

Ingredients:

  • 500g plums, stoned and quartered
  • 300g Granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
  • 160g / 2/3 cups + 1 tblspn caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 300g/2 ½ cups self raising flour, sifted
  • 85g / 6 tblspn unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tbsp milk+2 tblspn
  • 150g/ 10 tblspn curds

Method:

  •  In a kadhai/wok mix the plums, apple slices, 100 grams/ ½ cup  of the sugar and add the water, cook until the plums and apples soften.
  • To make the cobbler, add the sifted flour, butter, baking powder and rest of the sugar and using a food processor pulse to get fine crumbs form but if like me you don’t have a food processer don’t fret, add all the ingredients to a big bowl and with your fingertips rub the butter in the flour to get fine crumbs.
  • Add the milk and curds and mix to get  a soft dough forms.  I needed the 2 tblspn of milk to get the droppable dough  You may need or need the extra milk.
  • Now the choice is yours you can spoon the mixture in scattered clumps over the fruit leave some gaps for the cobble effect. Or add a little more flour and roll the dough.
  • Bake the cobbler for 50 minutes until the topping is golden and the fruit is visibly bubbling beneath.
Plum and Apple Cobbler
Plum and Apple Cobbler

Day 17

Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Love the way you have presented the cobbler... Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of masterchef ! This looks delish .. I like fruit / veggie based bakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not baked a cobbler for the longest time. Plum and apples are an interesting combo. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. themes or not, this is a nice recipe and i loved the plate you are using for this cobbler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cobbler are my weakness, its been a while i made some, just drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super tempting cobbler,looks inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing combination -- apple & plum. Sounds super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am done with dinner and want a plate of that cobbler for dessert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tempting cobbler.. These looks awesome dear..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cobbler is a delicious bake, and the combo of plums and apples sounds interesting. Nice capture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never baked a cobbler myself, looks so inviting Arch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried this. Very nice and yummy too

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so inviting with the apple - plum combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very inviting combo for a cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This cobbler is one I still didn't try my hands now you are tempting me to try..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have cobbler in my to do list for long. You are tempting me to try it out. Looks so yum...

    ReplyDelete
  17. It must have tasted so good right out of the oven! I am tempted to make one..

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a tempting cobbler....love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cobbler looks super delicious!!! I m loving that plate in which you have served the cobbler Arch!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright