Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

Soft Oatmeal Cookies
Soft Oatmeal Cookies

Do you have trouble getting oatmeal in your kid’s tummy?

Do they eat oatmeal when it’s disguised?

Then this is a recipe for you. These cookies disappeared in no time.

Of course I made quarter of the recipe below and ended up with the usual questions as to why I make tasty foods so little where there.

So you can #FireUpYourOven"  with the full measures.

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe Source: Here 
Ingredients:
Soft Oatmeal Cookies
Soft Oatmeal Cookies

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup curds
  • 2 pinches baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • Cherries a few (Optional)
Method:

  • In a bowl mix all the ingredients.
  • Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C/350° F.
  • Grease moulds or cookie sheets.
  • Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
  • Flatten each cookie press in the cherry cut in two pieces.
  • Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
  • Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


Come back tomorrow to see what cookies I have for you….


Day 7


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Simple recipe and love that cherry on top!!! Perfect snack to munch on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking cookies arch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always prefer oatmeal cookies to ward off the guilt factor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soft cookies and these looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made some too in a slightly diff version... And oatmeal cookies r so filling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice way of sneaking oats into kid's snacks. I too love soft cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oatmeal cookies turned out great Archana. Love the ones with cherry on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delicious. Easy to make, Filling and Healthy..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what I like this oats cookies instead of those buttery flour cookies so tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  10. great way to include oats into kids food... looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect cookie..with the goodness of. Oats, this surely will be a hit in any family.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright