Thursday, 18 June 2015

Moong Vada/ Fried Moong Vada

Moong Vada/ Fried Moong Vada, snack
Moong Vada/ Fried Moong Vada

While I am on my memories trip let me share with you what my MIL made many times these vadas and they were something she served with sauce. She also made some with rava but I just cannot remember them.

After a long time, in fact one Hindi movie with Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor reminded me of these vadas. I was on a look out to make them, as I said I could not remember how she made them for I was never in the kitchen when we fried stuff as I would start coughing.

She would fry them when I was away and keep some for me in the casserole. It’s been 18 long years since she has left for her heavenly bode but her memories still linger.

Then I found an old e-cookbook which had the recipe. Of course I have made adjustments in the ingredients to suit our taste. Needless to say these were first to disappear.

Moong Vada

Making time: 20 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Ingredients:
1 cup moong dal
 ½ cup coriander finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
3-4 green chillies finely chopped
Oil to deep fry
Method:
Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest, coarsely.
Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
Heat oil.
Make small balls   drop carefully into the hot oil.
Fry first one side then the other till golden brown.
Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.

 What else do we have?
 Well come back tomorrow to see that…
 Meanwhile today you can check my other friends 
  


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53



Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Moong vada looks nice and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very frequently made vada back home. I do not remember if we add garlic but ginger is added. I love moong vada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pakodas are looking very sinful..nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fritters look so tempting ! Perfect for the rains

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, you are torturing me with super crispy vadas, how can i resist to their crispiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be nice to find her recipe. Looks like a lot of memories are attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice golden moong vadas...looks too crunchy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We rarely make vadas with just moong dal and these sound so crispy & delicious. Will have to try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely color you have on the vada! Looks so crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crisp looking vada s perfect for me any time..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just feel like having some, love these daal wadas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG these vadas are temping me too much..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious archana!! Fried food always dissappears fast in our place, perfect snack with our evening kaapi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright