Monday, 7 July 2014

Dhania Puri and Spicy Potato Vegetable ~ Baby Shower for Sapana


Life is meant to be cherished, embraced and enjoyed!  

Who demonstrates the philosophy better than a baby?
Who can resist the wobbly bundle of joy that makes all the household dance?
In fact you are happy that you are dancing to the small bundles tunes. Who cries and cries but coos and smiles the moment his needs are satisfied?

Wondering whets wrong with me?  My friend Sapana is having a baby and this is a virtual baby shower that we at Blogging Marathon group have organised for her.

Enjoy the party and feast on the delicious Dhania Puri and Spicy Potato Bhaji that I have made for the party from Sapana's space!! They were a part of my daughters tiffin .

Have a great time Sapana and share lots and lots of pics of the baby!


Dhania Puri

Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ cup wheat flour
  • 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
  • ½ cup onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp ginger, grated
  • 2 green chillies, chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp garam masala (I did not use)
  • 1 tsp red chilli powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tblspn oil
  • Water as needed
  •  Oil for frying

Method:

  • Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, as it started popping add grated ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
  • Add chopped chillies and onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
  • Now add all spices and salt, mix well.
  • Add chopped coriander leaves, cook or 5 minutes and set aside.
  • Take wheat flour in a bowl, add coriander masala and knead to a smooth dough by adding   water as needed.
  • Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
  • Make 8 small round balls from the dough.
  • Apply some oil on chakla belan and roll one ball into the size of Puri.
  • Heat oil in a kadhai/wok, slide one Puri at a time carefully and fry from both sides you should get slight brown specks on the puri and you are done.
  •  Repeat with remaining balls.
  • Serve hot with Spicy potato vegetable.

Ever on look out to reduce time spent in the kitchen? Or you have guests and you need a dish urgently? Then this one is for you!

A simple and delicious potatoes vegetable to enjoy with your lunch or dinner! Potatoes…so it has to taste awesome and it can be put together effortless!!

Sapna has used baby potatoes I used regular ones.

Spicy Potatoes

Ingredients:
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 tsp kasuri methi(dry fenugreek leaves)
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp amchur(dry mango powder )
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tblspn oil
Method:
  • Pressure cook the potatoes till cooked well.
  • Peel and prick and cut in pieces.
  • Heat oil in a kadhai/wok add cumin seeds and kasuri methi.
  • As cumin seed crackle, add potatoes and let the cook on both side till a little golden in colour. Flip the potatoes gently to avoid breaking.
  • Now add all spices powder and salt, mix gently to evenly coat the spices.
  • You can add oil If potatoes start sticking to the pan. (I did not).
  • Cook for 4-5 minutes, remove from heat and serve hot with Paratha or chapatti.
  • I served it with Dhania/ coriander Puri.
This is a part of the Baby Shower that we at Blogging Marathon are having for Sapana !

Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. That's a great one for the party Archana...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely one Archana ! M bookmarking the poori !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am in love with those flavourful poori, that bhaji is torturing me, makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Archana , I am feeling very happy by seeing this virtual baby shower. I just want to thank you from bottom of my heart fro making this day special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archana this is a lovely post and I love both the parathas and sabzi..super..feel like enjoying this meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archana this is a lovely post and I love both the parathas and sabzi..super..feel like enjoying this meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love aloo puri, its mine fav

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an lovely post and delicious dhania ki puri :) looks yummy !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice for the virtual baby shower, Archana!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Archana and a very unique and tasty pooris. Bookmarked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ya archana , totally agree, a baby can fill up your life and house with joys even when it cries and whines....this is a lovely treat...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice flavorful puri and must have tasted good with the potato curry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice puris Archana! Lovely meal choice.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright