This month round we are blogging
International dishes to make things a little difficult we are doing it in an
alphabetical order.
So
I am making my dishes for the marathon, for one such dish I made mashed
potatoes as a side. I did not expect the girls to go crazy over the mashed
potatoes so I made very little… okay, that is an excuse, I ran out of potatoes
, the girls went crazy over the mashed potatoes of course they loved the main
dish, that was expected !
For heavy cream I use the cream that is
on the milk after heating it.
Mashed Potatoes
Recipe
Source: Simply Recipes
Serves:
4
Ingredients:
- 4 med. potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Salt and Pepper
- a few leaves of parsley( optional)
| Mashed Potatoes |
Method:
- Peel and mash the potatoes. I prefer to grate them.
- Add salt.
- Warm the butter and cream together in a pan on the stove.
- Add cream and melted butter to the potatoes.
- Use a strong spoon to beat.
- Add milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Over-beating will make the potatoes sticky.)
- Add chopped parsley if using, salt and pepper to taste.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

here in america we usually make them creamier but I love this all american classic side
ReplyDeleteThat's nice to know Archana..:)..glad your kids are enjoying your cooking international!
ReplyDeleteMy son has been pestering me to make mashed potatoes for a while now. Will have to try this for him.
ReplyDeleteLooks good Arnchana.And now you got me curious on the country!! Will have to wait till the reveal date :)
ReplyDeleteMashed potatos are awesome, my kid will finish them within seconds :)
ReplyDelete