Whatever paratha I make the first question I am asked is “aloo paratha?”
Half the times I say no and the complaint to you never make … blah blah is followed.
I make aloo paratha in 2 ways this is the simplest one. The only job here is grating the boiled potatoes. Mashing them makes them sticky and at times there are fine lumps which will make rolling out a bit difficult in this shortcut method that I generally follow,
Needless to say aloo paratha is filling and tasty.
Tastes best with pickle and curds!!
For The Dough:
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For the Stuffing:
- 2 ½ cups boiled potatoes peeled and grated tsp jeera/cumin powder
- 1 tsp dhania/coriander powder
- 1 tbsp green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp dhania/ coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- whole wheat flour for rolling
- oil for cooking and greasing
For the dough:
For the dough:
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into semi-stiff dough. Keep aside.
- For the stuffing:
- In the grated potatoes add the cumin powder, coriander powder, green chillies, chilli powder, coriander leaves, and salt.
- Mix well till it forms soft dough.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Using the dry flour roll a portion of the dough into a circle about of about 4 inches.
- Place a ball of the stuffing in the centre of the circle and
- Fold the edges over stuffing and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 6 inches circle using the flour as needed.
- Heat a tava/skillet and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#50
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!