This August month‘s Sweet Punch was Strawberry Banana Muffins from Joy of Baking.
The first reaction I got was as expected, Ma……… and a sour face. But as the idea gradually sank in I was asked,” Ma when are you baking those muffins? “So now that the green signal was waved there was no stopping to making these muffins.
I had already decided to halve the given recipe and I got 6 ½ muffins, 6 huge ones and one small oneJ!!
The only hassle was that we have no fresh strawberries in the market they will start coming somewhere in October or November so I substituted
1 cup Fresh strawberries with ½ cup of strawberry crush
½ cup unsalted butter with ¼ cup salted butter (no salt)
¾ cup light brown sugar with ½ and 1/8 cup ordinary sugar
I had no means of grinding cinnamon hence I did not use it
The muffins were yummy, soft fluffy and colourful but too sweet. Next time I will reduce the sugar ½ a cup.
I will like to thank Sweet Punch for introducing me to a new taste that I had heard of but never tried.



Loved the colour of those muffins.
ReplyDeleteWow perfect muffins,luks delicious...
ReplyDeleteColorful delicious muffins.Love strawberry flavor.
ReplyDeleteMuffin looks awesome. First time here. Liked all your recipes. Happy to follow you.
ReplyDeleteNice colorful muffins.
ReplyDeleteLooks yum and pretty pink colour
ReplyDeleteoh nice - good substitution and fine bake !
ReplyDeleteIm sure little girls will love the all pink muffins! Nice!
ReplyDeletenice pink muffins..looks delicious n yumm
ReplyDeleteLoved the pink colour...delicious looking muffins.
ReplyDeletegreat muffins.. even i contemplated with the idea of substituting with crush... :)
ReplyDeleteYummilicious muffins!!! Love the gorgeous pink color!!
ReplyDeletePrathima Rao
Prats Corner
Hey....long time dear...sorry I might hve overlooked u...BTW those pink beauties are awesome!!
ReplyDeletethese muffins look delicious lovely combination of flavour strawberries go well with banana
ReplyDeletewow, such lovely muffins, they look great and sure have a refreshing look..
ReplyDeletemy daughter will love the color of these muffins! looks inviting, Archana :)
ReplyDeleteI just love the colors, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteawesome fruity muffins dear ...love it!
ReplyDeletehttp://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html
absolutely fab recipe...love ur cliks archana..
ReplyDeleteTasty Appetite
Those muffins looks so fluffy and lovely ...beautiful color as well :)
ReplyDeleteso pretty in pink!
ReplyDeleteNice colored muffins,looks so cute and soft.
ReplyDeleteWow.. pink.. my fav color.. looks so cute :D I am sure it is yumm :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies. Pink is my favourite colour too and so are your comments.
ReplyDeleteMuffins looks perfect... love the lovely pink colour ... very nicely done. Enjoyed browsing trough your recipes ... glad to follow u:) Great going girl..
ReplyDeleteReva
Awwww cute muffins there! Loved the color so much :)
ReplyDeleteDear, I don't think Evaporated milk is same as Mava. Evaporated milk comes in cans, like Carnation or Nestle brand.
wow, I like how the color has come up by using the crush instead of real strawberries.
ReplyDelete