Monday, 1 December 2008

Onion Chutney


I make onion chutney many times it tastes good and I always have the ingredients at home. It tastes best with tahlipeth and homemade butter.
Ingredients:

2 onions roughly chopped
½ tsp jeera
I tsp oil
1tblspn red chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
½ Grated coconut
a marble sized ball of tamarind
Salt
Sugar
Method:

1. Heat oil add jeera and wait till it changes colour.
2. Fry onions till it softens a bit.
3. Add the coconut and switch off the gas.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Cool and grind to a fine paste with a little water if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright