Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Chilli Corn Wedges~~Blog Hop 3


 For this week’s Blog Hop initiated by Radhika  of Tickling Palates I was to visit Monika of Sin-A-Mon.

 The place is wonderful to say the least. Lovely recipes and pictures! As I was going through her blog I came across this recipe Chilli Corn Muffins!!

Honestly they are Chilli Corn Muffins to a person who associated muffins with sweets this was a full stop, my choice for today’s BlogHop,all the other delicious recipes that I have bookmarked will be tried later.

Here is the recipe that I have used.

Ingredients:
1 ½ cup corn flour
½ cup Maida
3 eggs
¼ cup corn kernels
1 onion, chopped
2 green chillies (could have used more)
4 flakes garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp oregano
3 leaves of basil
3 mint leaves
½ cup cheese
½ cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
 Salt to taste

Method:

1.     First I washed the corn kernels added enough water to cover the corn and salt and pressured cooked them for 2 whistles.
2.   Since I have one kid who does not like biting in chillies I decided to grind the chillies, garlic but since the quantity was too little for the mixer I added ¼ cup of onions, the oregano, mint and basil to make a fine paste.
3.     Preheat the oven to 180°C.
4.     Next mix both the flours and the baking powder and salt.
5.     Since I cannot fin the muffin papers here in Goa I decided to use the regular round mould (by hindsight I should have used a smaller one or the ice cream tray) greased   well.
6.     Beat the eggs and milk and mix in the flours till well incorporated.
7.     Fold the chilli paste, corn, cheese.
8.     Transfer to the mould and bake for 30 minutes.
9.     Once done let it sit in the tray for 10 minutes before turning it on the wire rack.
10.   If you are lucky family will wait for it to cool down, you can cut them and dish them beautifully else you get pictures like mine here.

Off these go to 

Archana


16 comments:

  1. Chilly corn wedges looks absolutely delicious! Looks so perfect Archana..

    ReplyDelete
  2. archana the wedges look really yum !

    ReplyDelete
  3. now...i hv to try this one...thanks for sharing...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy..This looks so delicious...I should try this soon...Thanks for your recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting.. thanks for the recipe dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and spicy wedges. Ideal tea time snack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious- looks like it came out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those look yummy thanks for trying them out

    I love savory bakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!!!!!!!!looks very nice. I am bookmarking this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow YUM! I look forward to reading more of your recipes.
    PlantBasedDietAdventures.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright