this week’s Blog Hop initiated by Radhika of Tickling Palates I was to visit Monika of Sin-A-Mon.
The place is wonderful to say the least. Lovely recipes and pictures! As I was going through her blog I came across this recipe Chilli Corn Muffins!!
Honestly they are Chilli Corn Muffins to a person who associated muffins with sweets this was a full stop, my choice for today’s BlogHop,all the other delicious recipes that I have bookmarked will be tried later.
Here is the recipe that I have used.
1 ½ cup corn flour
½ cup Maida
¼ cup corn kernels
1 onion, chopped
2 green chillies (could have used more)
4 flakes garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp oregano
3 leaves of basil
3 mint leaves
½ cup cheese
½ cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
Salt to taste
1. First I washed the corn kernels added enough water to cover the corn and salt and pressured cooked them for 2 whistles.
2. Since I have one kid who does not like biting in chillies I decided to grind the chillies, garlic but since the quantity was too little for the mixer I added ¼ cup of onions, the oregano, mint and basil to make a fine paste.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Next mix both the flours and the baking powder and salt.
5. Since I cannot fin the muffin papers here in Goa I decided to use the regular round mould (by hindsight I should have used a smaller one or the ice cream tray) greased well.
6. Beat the eggs and milk and mix in the flours till well incorporated.
7. Fold the chilli paste, corn, cheese.
8. Transfer to the mould and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Once done let it sit in the tray for 10 minutes before turning it on the wire rack.
10. If you are lucky family will wait for it to cool down, you can cut them and dish them beautifully else you get pictures like mine here.
Off these go to