I wanted to try some of her rice recipes so as I was prowling her place she posted this yummy Tomato Rice. This one was quite different from what I make so I was definitely interested.
I did not have peas else I am sure the rice would have looked and tasted better.
Ingredients:
2 ½ cups rice cooked and fluffed
2 onions
4 Tomatoes
1 Green Chili
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder (adjust as per taste)
1 tsp Masala powder (which was left over)
Oil
Mustard seeds
Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Sugar (optional)
Method
1. Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chilly.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a Kadhai, once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds till the mustard splutters.
3. Add the green chili and chopped onions. Sauté till onions are transparent.
4. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, and fry till oils separates.
5. Add salt, masala and red chili powder. Mix well.
6. Finally add the cooled and cooked rice and mix well. Adjust salt.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.( I did not have any so there is no garnish in mine).
Archana


One of my favorite rice recipes. Looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteVardhini
Event: Sweet Luv
Event: Strawberries
My favorite tomato rice.
ReplyDeleteOngoing Events:
Foodies Nest
Let's Cook # 1 ~ "Pulao"
Delicious and temptin tomato rice. Wonderfully prepared.
ReplyDeleteDeepa
Hamaree Rasoi
looks delectable :)
ReplyDeleteTomato rice looks really good..
ReplyDeleteMy all time fav...love it with or without peas :)
ReplyDeletefavourite looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteUmm.. my fav kind of rice!
ReplyDeletevery inviting and delicious rice !!
ReplyDeleteOngoing event CC-Dish For Loved Ones
Nice yummy recipe...my fav one!!!
ReplyDeletevery delicious rice, one of my comfort foods :)
ReplyDeletelooks yummy makes me hungry
ReplyDeleteThanks for trying it out Archana..Looks perfect
ReplyDeleteWow Archana, it looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteWow Archana, it looks so delicious. I love all types of rice and tomato is another fav. Gonna have to try this. :)
ReplyDeletenice one Archana !
ReplyDeleteKalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Valentine Fest – Served with Love
Event : Cook with Spices - Coriander
Looking at tomato rice makes my mouth water. I make it similarly too.. or used to make it during bachelor days.. i haven't made it in a long time.
ReplyDeletePerfect lunch box recipe...
ReplyDeletewow delicious rice,luks yum...
ReplyDeleteLovely one pot meal Archana:-)
ReplyDeleteWow Ladies! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI love tomato rice a lot..you have made my day!!Looks delicious..
ReplyDeleteErivum Puliyum
Quick n Easy Lunch Box Recipe!!!
ReplyDeleteYes Archu, yellow cake mix is a boxed mix, so nothing to measure :)
ReplyDeletewow, love delicious this tomato rice look :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks so good, yummy one.
ReplyDeletelooks delicious. This is one of my fave comforts foods that I fall back on.!
ReplyDeleteMy event- Valentines Day Special
Hi archana :) my first time to your space..Blog hopped here :) . Such a simple & tasty dish..do drop by my space..following u now :)
ReplyDeleteone of my favourite rice dishes, colorful and falvourful
ReplyDeletea perfect lunch box recipe!!
ReplyDeleteWow today i pack this for my lunch box, urs looks delicious dear...
ReplyDeleteLooks perfect, I always love tomato rice!
ReplyDeleteLovely clicks Archana. I'm sure without peas also this tasted great.
ReplyDeleteTickling Palates
Event : Let’s Cook – Sweet Somethings
the rice looks very tasty!
ReplyDeleteAlways Love this Rice, Aha,you made me to make some now dear.....
ReplyDeleteArchana, I have been very busy lately, sorry didn't get to your Asparagus Questions earlier.. you can trim them at the end (or length until you bend and break at the edge). Try this out for sure, this is a wonder veggie, First try making a simple fry like beans fry or curry with milk ( like turai), I am sure you will love it.
Here is another link with pictures..
http://yummyodds.blogspot.com/2011/03/asparagus-fry-step-by-step.html
Hope you will enjoy..
-Mythreyi
Yum! Yum! Yum!
just mouthwatering...excellent presentation..:)
ReplyDeleteTasty Appetite
Delicious one pot meal.Archana as for the question use chocolate chips or use Cadburys.
ReplyDeleteThis is so yum! Love tangy tomato rice, feel like having it now ah.
ReplyDeleteThanks all of you.
ReplyDelete