Just when I was wondering if I should take up one more blogging marathon (I had out of curiosity seen the themes) as I know May is the month were things go totally out of hand. Thanks to holidays and visitors. I saw this delicious Cranberry Sangria on 365 days of cooking! I loved it so much that I copied her style of the picture too but mine is nowhere close to hers!
The fact that it’s hot and the girls prefer juices to food had me bookmarking it. Once they had this Apple Sangria they kept asking for more. In no time we had not just 3 but 4-5 mocktails.
Today is my last mocktail under blogging marathon but I have said we had many more so do come back and see what we enjoyed. Maybe you will like it enough to try it and hopefully tweak it!
In case you want to know about more about mocktails check here.
- 3 cups (~750 ml) cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 medium apple,
- 1 orange,
- 1 stick dalchini/cinnamon ( I did not use)
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- ½ litre Sprite or 7 up
- Slice thinly the oranges remove the seeds but keep the rind.
- In a jug add the lemon juice.
- Add to the jug the apple sliced and cored stir well so that they are coated in lemon juice so as to prevent the apples from turning brown.
- Add the orange slices and the cinnamon stick(if using).
- Add chilled cranberry and orange juice.
- Mix with a spoon and let this sit for at least an hour till upto 12 hours in a refrigerator.
- It tastes much better when it's allowed to sit for 12 hours, so plan ahead.
- Just while serving chilled soda and ice.
- Serve chilled!