|Soya Bean and Kabuli Chana Burgers|
I have said in the past that cutlets any form are most welcome in my house. I have some different cutlets and I have to still rack my brains for some more kinds.
This time on my protein trip I choose to make cutlets with Kabuli chole and soya beans.
The only problem is soya beans cooking it took ages. Check here for cooking soya bean.
By the time I had my cutlets and burgers ready the light was all gone.
I found that the red tomatoes that I had been hoarding had found their way in someone’s tummy, so had to make do with the half ripe tomatoes.
The girls were hungry and I had to leave for my training sessions that were to be held for the next two days at Pune. So I just clicked and hope that I make this burger again just for pictures.
Soya Bean and Kabuli Chana Burgers
For the cutlets:
- 1 potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
- ½ cup Kabuli Chana/white chick peas, boiled
- ¼ cup soya beans, boiled, hulled
- ½ cup rava (optional)
- 1 medium onions, chopped fine
- 3 tblspn capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup dhania/ coriander, chopped
- 2 green chillies (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Oil for frying (I shallow fried)
For the Burger:
- 6 Burger Buns
- Few cabbage leaves
- ½ cup onion rings
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices of cheese
- Mustard sauce (adjust as per taste)
- Tomato sauce as needed
- Grind the Kabuli Chana, soya bean, green chilli and some salt to a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients for the burger except oil to soft dough.
- Make small patties of the needed size. I got 8 of them.
- Shallow fry on a non stick pan till nice and brown on both sided.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the burger:
- Spread the tomato sauce and mustard sauce as per taste on the burger buns that have been slit in 2.
- Arrange the cheese slices, tomato slices, onion rings and patties on the bun.
- Close with the other slice of the bun with a toothpick and serve.
- I would have preferred lettuce to cabbage leaves.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!