|Chapatti Sandwich Titbits|
My elder daughter Apeksha is in Std. XII and has her prelims right now. It is testing time for me to feed her. Getting new exciting dishes out of everyday food is giving me nightmares.
The other day when she once again told me she was not eating I was at my wits end. Then I remembered the stuffing that was leftover after making Aalu Parathas about which she had been raving, there where chapattis in the casserole beckoning me .
So The Mad Scientist went in full mode and dinner accomplished!!
Name was Chapatti Sandwich Titbits
Not only was dinner accomplished I was given a repeat order for today!
4 boiled potatoes, grated
¼ cup Carrots, grated
½ Capsicum, cut fine
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp Haldi/turmeric
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds/jeergi powder
½ tsp Dhania/coriander seeds/haviza powder
2 tblspn Oil
Ketchup or Green chutney
Butter to fry
For the stuffing:
1. Heat the oil and fry the garlic.
2. Add the dry ingredients and stir quickly so that they do not burn.
3. Add the boiled potatoes and stir.
4. Adjust salt. As my people do not like cooked carrots and capsicum in these kinds of dishes I mixed then in the last.
5. Cool completely.
Assembling the chapatti:
1. Take 1 chapatti and spread cheese generously. You can use cheese spread.
2. Smear (for want of better word) the potato stuffing on the chapatti. If you are using ketchup spread that too. If not spread green chutney on the second chapatti.
3. Lay the second chapatti on the first one so that the whole chapatti is covered. Press down.
4. Heat a non stick tava put a blob of butter and lightly fry the chapatti both sides.
5. Cut in pieces and serve hot.