Thursday, 8 September 2011

Lasun Chutney or Garlic Chutney


Lasun Chutney or Garlic Chutney  is what I have been planning to make for ages. But have got sidetracked on a regular basis. The reason may be that I do not enjoy it as much the rest of my family.  I know it is good for the heart etc but …


So the day has finally dawned when I made it. Basically it needed only 10-15 minutes as all my ingredients were ready.

Ingredients:
½ cup dry coconut
¼ cup puthane or roasted gram
1/3 cup of ground nuts
14 cloves of garlic, peeled
Red chilli powder(adjust as per taste)
Salt

Method:
1.     In the microwave heat the coconut for 2 minutes. Stir one in between. The coconut will get brittle when it cools down.
2.        Roasted the ground nuts till they give a nice aroma. Cool.
3.     There is no need to roast the puthane but since Goa is quite humid I just heated the puthane in the oven for 1 minute. Cool.
4.     Grind in the mixer all the ingredients  with the dry blade.  Please note that the mixture gets quite oily and jams up a bit. Stir up the mixture a bit and grind.

Taste good with anything!!



14 comments:

  1. Nice recipe....will try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with garlic n this chutney sounds super yum!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  3. chutney looks yum, will surely try this out soon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom Makes this podi,love to have it with idly and sesame oil drizzled on it...Addition of peanuts sure will give nice flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, something new to me! Looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its first time here and nice knowing you to...Garlic chutney is awesome and flavourful one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow good one.. will try it out soon..

    ReplyDelete
  8. New one and looks yummy. Thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Herbs and Flowers - Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds great!! want to try soon....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love this with vada pav!!! Nice & flavorful chutney..Btw made the dish today for the next blog hop..!!! ;) Came out good...no sorry.. fantastic!!!!Check it on 14th itself to see which one was it ;)))
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flavourful chutney, soo tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flavorful chutney.... soo tempting..

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright