“What are you making? “
“Alpineliebi pudding again? “
This question in a hopeful voice, by my” I don’t like sweets” daughter made me realise that this pudding is yummy and is acceptable yet again at home. Not an easy feature with her!
If you are wondering what on earth I am talking about then let me tell you from the beginning.
I have been looking for reasons to” Fire my Oven this April” for as a part of the Blogging Marathon we are having a mega marathon this time we have chosen baking.
It all began when my rakhi brother Umesh went on a trip to Ladakh. He brought me apricot jam; naturally I was on a look out for a dish to be made with it. I had zeroed down on this amazing African pudding called “Malva Pudding”!
I chose to make it when we had guests. They like the pudding; they had to say that they were guest after all! but my mentally diabetic husband and “I don’t like sweets” daughters like it so much that it was over by the time I came back home from work the next day.
So there was none for Umesh! Anyway since it need only one tablespoon of jam I can make it again for him!
Recipe Source: Here
- 180 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn apricot jam
- 150 g maida or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tblspn butter, heaped melted
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
For the sauce:
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 100 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 90 ml hot water
- 2tsps vanilla essence
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- Grease an oven dish. I used an 8 x 8 inch Borosil dish.
- Sieve the flour, soda and salt.
- Whip the sugar and eggs with electric beaters until thick and lemon coloured.
- Add the jam and mix through.
- Add the melted butter and vinegar to the wet mixture.
- Add the flour mix with the milk to the egg mixture. Beat well.
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and bake until pudding is brown and well-risen -- depending on your oven and oven dish this will be between 30 - 45 minutes. (Mine was done in 24 minutes this time).
For the sauce:
- Melt together the ingredients for the sauce, and stir well.
- Pour it over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Leave to stand awhile before serving. Serve warm. Because it's rich it does not really need enhancement, but if you want, serve with vanilla ice cream.
- The sides were wet and gooey but the centers were drier. Next time plan to poke with the skewer in the centers so that the sauce spreads easily in the center too.
Do come back again tomorrow for the next yummy dish...
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!