Thursday, 30 April 2015

Marble Cake

Marble Cake
Marble Cake


I mentioned when I shared the Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze my friend’s daughter, Saavani, loved the cake and wanted me to bake a cake for her. I decided to #FireUpYourOven" to make the same cake.


Disaster struck in the form of “NO COFFEE”! 

Being Dhulivandan or Rang Panchmi the day we play colours, all the shops were closed. That is when I decided to make a Marble cake.


A slight change in the ingredients and method gave me such a delicious and soft rich marble cake quite unlike the once I have eaten in the past.

Made me wonder why on earth I used to think that making a Marble Cake is beyond my capabilities.

This last month has been a wonderful journey with my friends, who like me have been preparing for this beautiful Mega Marathon that we have had. With a heavy heart I bid adieu to this series only to be back with more delicious bakes that I will make from my friends blogs.  For if I thought I will shrink the size of my bookmark list I am mistaken its grown by leaps and bounds!

Marble Cake

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Maida/APF
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 12 tblspn butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 ½ cup milk
  • 2 tblspn cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tblspn hot water

Method:
  • Grease an 8 inch pan.
  • Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
  • Sift flour, baking powder, and soda, salt.
  • Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
  • Add the sour cream and beat well.
  • Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
  • Add vanilla essence.
  • Add the flour alternating with milk the last addition should be flour.
  • Divide the flour in 2 parts.
  • In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
  • The third will remain as vanilla.
  • In the   pan add vanilla batter the add chocolate next and with a knife mix the batter.
  • Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
  • Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
  • Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and cool.

Marble Cake
Marble Cake



Day 26


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you finally baked your marble cake. Looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marble cake looks absolutely stunning, am a great fan of this cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bake to end the marathon.. So delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to end the marathon. that cake looks fabulous. Loved all your bakes this marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super delicious... Hidden treasures are all out now.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you now know nothing is beyond you right..:)..that's a beautiful cake and I enjoyed all your bakes Arch..great show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing marble cake. You have got a very nice pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious looking marble cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super soft and moist looking marble cake..

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright