Tomato, Thyme, Sage and Double Cheese Tart |
It’s colourful and savoury and well I cannot claim its healthy!
So it’s liked by the girls and I don’t have to beg them, “please finish that “! In fact I have to post whatever pictures I took before the attack!
Thanks
Swathi for letting me choose the bakes else like I said the magazine would have
been gracing my kitchen without a page being opened.
Tomato, Thyme, Sage and Double Cheese Tart |
Tomato, Thyme, Sage and Double Cheese Tart
Serves 4
Time needed: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Recipe Source: BBC Good Food issue Mar’14
The
original recipe called for a mix of yellow and red cherry tomatoes since we do
not get yellow I used red. The mustard recommended was 2 tsp of Dijon mustard I
used the mustard that I use in Indian pickles, split mustard. Thyme is not much
preferred at my place so I used a mixture of sage and thyme. Also if you get
fresh thyme please use 3 sprigs of it.
Ingredients:For the Pastry:
- 300grms (3 cups) grms maida /all purpose flour, sifted
- 150grms /150grms) butter, chilled and diced
- 75 grms gruyere, grated
- 1 large pinch red chilli powder (I used about ½ tsp)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 10 tbsp water, chilled
For the filling:
- 450 grms cherry tomatoes (I needed about 400grms)
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch pepper
- 1 ½ tsp mustard
- 100 grms gruyere
- 1 ½ tblspn thyme
- 1 ½ tblspn sage
Method:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Halve the tomatoes and transfer to a tray. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
To make the pastry:
- Transfer the flour in a big bowl add the butter gradually and rub with your fingertips till the flour resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and chilli powder.
- Mix the salt and pepper.
- With the chilled water bring the dough together.
- Wrap in a cling film and set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Before you roll out the pastry line a rectangular tin with foil. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry line it in the tin.
- Using a fork make holes in the pastry at regular intervals. This prevents the pastry from puffing up.
- Now smoothen a parchment paper or foil on top of the pastry and add beans.
- Blind bake at 200°C for 15 minutes. Take out the paper/foil and cook for another 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
To assemble:
- Mix the mustard and cheese.
- Spread over the tart. Place the tomatoes on top and sprinkle with thyme and sage mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180°C for 40 minutes then at 220°for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven to a wire rack.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- To demould lift the entire tart to by just lifting the foil.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cut in desired sizes and serve warm.
| The tart with the tomatoes slowly disappearing |
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!






Colorful and super tempting,perfectly baked.
ReplyDeletedelicious sage tart!!!
ReplyDeletetoo tempting tart :)
ReplyDelete