Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake

Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake
Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake

My younger one is nut outside!

She does not like nuts in her cakes hence nut outside!!

But this is one cake she likes because of the coffee in the cake.

But my husband likes it a lot. In fact I have to stop him many times  from buying dates so that this cake is made again and again.

But inspite of having made it so many times I have not liked the pictures, I think I need suggestions for pictures!

Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake

Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake
Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake
Recipe Source:  CoolLassie 
Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
¾ walnuts, chopped coarsely (80g)
1 cup finely chopped dates
¼ cup + 2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter
¾ brown sugar
¼ sugar
¼ cocoa
1 ts[p baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup hot water + 1 ½ tbsp coffee
1 tbsp flax seed
3 tbsp hot water
Method:
Make strong coffee with 1 cup hot water.
Soak the flax seed mix in the 3 tbsp hot water.
Sift the cocoa and flour, add salt.
Chop the dates and add to the hot coffee. Let the dates get mushy in the hot coffee.
Line 8 ½ to 4 ½ inch loaf pan with aluminium foil and grease with butter.
Preheat oven to 176°C.
15-20 minutes later add baking soda + orange zest to the date mix. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Combine sugar+oil+butter+milk+vanilla essence.
Add the dry mix and the flax seed mix.
Add chopped walnuts.
Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.



Day 18


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Archana, first picture looks good. You could try clicking one slice in a round plate or square. Though I prefer round. OR you could click the full cake minus a slice. This shows the cake and also the texture of the cake, since a slice is cut from it. Hope this helps and these are the suggestions you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are looking sooo good!!! so moist, soft and so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious cake with dates and coffee. As for the clicks, goi vertical, stack 2~3 pieces on a small plate and then try a front view click. Also, like Usha said, take a pic of the whole cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks so soft and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. moist and soft cake,yummY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious and that is what matters most.The pics are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Archana you have experts like Usha and Pavani to guide you on pics. I can tell that the recipe is good and the cake must be super hit . I love the addition of zest and coffee which make it different from my date and walnut cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first picture looks awesome Archana..very very inviting..I am so tempted to bake this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cake looks so moist and soft..love the vibrant color of the cake..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a super soft and super moist cake, love that deep colour of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cake with the goodness of dates and walnuts

    ReplyDelete
  12. very soft and moist. Great cake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woow dates and coffee!! never tried before but this would have made wonderful combo!! looks great with lovely texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Date and walnut is a classic combo and u have made it so well

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like nuts but this combination making me drool..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that deep colour of the loaf. Dates and walnuts is a fantastic combo...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dates and walnuts are winning combination, i have 2 bakes in this combo!!! This is again tempting me to bake one more!! Totally scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also a nut who does not like nuts in baked goodies! Love this recipe though :) Will make it for my nut loving husband!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright