|Orange Marmalade Scone Ring|
I have love Enid Blyton stories!!
You don't know Her?For those who do not do not know her, she was an British author who has churned out books that are enjoyed by kids from babyhood to teenage.
But coming back to Enid Blyton books my favourite were Famous Five. They went camping,solved strange cases etc. all on their own and always used to eat scones, tea cakes, ices…
But natural I had to make this scone.
I started out with the homemade plum jam that Vivek had given, but last minute I changed my mind. Wish I had not, I would have had lovely contrast not to mention everyone loves the jam.
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring
Recipe Source: Women’s Weekly (Baking)
- 2 cups (300 grams) self raising flour-sift
- 1tblpns caster sugar
- 30g butter, chilled and chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup raisins -coarsely chopped
- 1 tblspn icing sugar-for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a tray.
- Sift flour and mix well with sugar in a bowl
- Rub in butter until it resembles crumbs.
- Whisk the milk and egg in a small bowl add to the flour mixture.
- Use knife to cut milk mixture through flour mixture to make soft and sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll dough into 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread jam over dough; sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll dough firmly (but not too tightly) from one long side; place log onto baking tray.
- Curve the log to form ring; press ends together to seal. Cut around outside of ring at 4 cm intervals.
- Cutting all the way down to the tray but not cutting all the way through to the inside of the ring.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!