Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Orange Marmalade Scone Ring

Orange Marmalade Scone Ring
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring

I have love Enid Blyton stories!!

You don't know Her? 

For those who do not do not know her, she was an British author who has churned out books that are enjoyed by kids from babyhood to teenage.

But  coming back to Enid Blyton books my favourite were Famous Five. They went camping,solved strange cases etc. all on their own and  always used to eat scones, tea cakes, ices…

But natural I had to make this scone.

I started out with the homemade plum jam that Vivek had given, but last minute I changed my mind. Wish I had not, I would have had lovely contrast not to mention everyone loves the jam. 

Vivek are you listening?
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring

Orange Marmalade Scone Ring

Recipe Source: Women’s Weekly (Baking)
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups (300 grams) self raising flour-sift
  • 1tblpns caster sugar
  • 30g butter, chilled and chopped coarsely
  •  3/4 cup (180ml) milk
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/2 cup raisins -coarsely chopped
  • 1 tblspn icing sugar-for dusting

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a tray.
  • Sift flour and mix well with sugar in a bowl
  • Rub in butter until it resembles crumbs.
  • Whisk the milk and egg in a small bowl add to the flour mixture.
  • Use knife to cut milk mixture through flour mixture to make soft and sticky dough.
  • Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth.
  • Roll dough into 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
  • Spread jam over dough; sprinkle with raisins.
  • Roll dough firmly (but not too tightly) from one long side; place log onto baking tray.
  • Curve the log to form ring; press ends together to seal. Cut around outside of ring at 4 cm intervals.
  • Cutting all the way down to the tray but not cutting all the way through to the inside of the ring.
  • Bake for 30 minutes.
  • Serve warm dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring
Orange Marmalade Scone Ring

Day 19


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. marmalade in baking that scone ring looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious ring, simply love the orange marmalade u went for.. Lovely scone ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous scone ring, Archana. I can taste the orange marmalade across the computer screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very interesting dish -- scones in ring form. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great scones. Nice idea to use the marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange marmalade scones sound nice too. Like having jam and bread in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scone ring looks good. I baked a crescent ring recently but unfortunately it was not that tasty. Seeing your ring, I am tempted to redo it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My my awesome scones, looks very tempting, a sure try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scone ring looks tempting! ! Nice pics too .

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scone ring with orange marmalade sounds inviting,looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful ring and delicious filling.. Looks so festive..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this scone ring and looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one gorgeous looking bread !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One more interesting recipe and like that marmalade in side the bread yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Archana! I would love to take a slice off the screen. Looks absolutely inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The scone ring looks so attractive :) Love the filling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. scone ring looks soooo delicious, that powdered sugar on top and the jam oozing out thru those cuts, simply oooohlala!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright